Recently the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) released its Affirmative Action Program Verification Interface (AAPVI), otherwise known as the Contractor Portal. This new system provides designated federal contractors and subcontractors a method for entering, tracking, and submitting Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs) for OFCCP review.
“OFCCP’s new online portal provides a mechanism to promote greater contractor attention to removing barriers to opportunity and evaluating employment practices,” said OFCCP Director Jenny Yang.
Along with the portal rollout came a precise schedule for its 2022 arrival.
- On February 1, 2022, portal registration opens. OFCCP will send out invitation emails to covered Federal Contractors they have on file and require them to register and validate their information.
- On March 31, 2022, all contractors will be able to use the portal to certify their AAP compliance for each establishment and/or functional units.
- By June 30, 2022, existing contractors will need to have certified the status of their AAPs.
In addition to requiring contractors annual take care of their AAP certification, the contractor portal will provide a safe and secure method for contractors to upload any additional documents that may be required during an official OFCCP audit.
As part of the Department of Labor (DOL) OFCCP platform unveiling, a list of frequently asked questions was included, along with placeholders for an assortment of coming soon How To Videos that include: How to Register with Known Identifier, How to Register When your Identifier is Unknown and How to Update Your Establishments.
How Does This Effect You?
- Contractors should reach out to their AAP providers and put a plan in place for meeting these new compliance requirements.
- Legally certifying that you have prepared and renewed your yearly AAP, and NOT having the documentation to prove it brings along a lot of liability.
- If contractors skip the new compliance certification process, this could put a large audit target on your organization.
Not sure you meet the AAP requirements for certification requirements? Contact us directly to learn more!