The kinds of personal information that Broadbean collects and holds
Broadbean collects and holds a range of personal information in the course of carrying out its recruitment technology business. The kinds of personal information that Broadbean collects and holds includes the following:
- job title;
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email address and/or postal address);
- educational details, academic and other transcripts;
- employment history, skills and background checks;
- references from past employers and other referees; and
- other personal information contained in curricula vitae collected by Broadbean.
Broadbean may also collect and hold personal information that is sensitive information under the Privacy Act to the extent that this information is reasonably necessary for one or more of Broadbean’s functions or activities or if the collection of this information is permitted under the Privacy Act. The kinds of sensitive information that Broadbean may collect include your membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union or membership of a political association.
How Broadbean collects personal information
Broadbean generally collects your personal information from third parties who have collected your personal information as it is unreasonable or impracticable for Broadbean to collect your personal information directly from you. Broadbean may collect your personal information in various ways which include collecting your personal information from:
- third party online job boards or social media sites: Broadbean’s clients may use Broadbean’s services to post job advertisements on multiple third party online job boards or social media sites. If you respond to these job advertisements and provide personal information as part of making a job application, the third party online job board or social media site will disclose your personal information to Broadbean and your personal information will be collected and held by Broadbean for the purpose of performing its functions or activities. Your personal information may also be collected by Broadbean from third party online job boards or social media sites when Broadbean’s clients use Broadbean to search third party online job boards for job candidates;
- Broadbean’s clients: Broadbean may collect your personal information from its clients who have collected your personal information either directly from you or from other sources as part of a job application that you have made; and
- Broadbean job applicants, contractors and suppliers: Broadbean may collect your personal information if you have applied for a job to work at Broadbean or if you have otherwise provided your personal information to Broadbean.
How Broadbean holds personal information
Broadbean may hold your personal information in hardcopy files or in electronic form. If your personal information is held in electronic form, it will be stored on servers located in the United Kingdom and/or in the United States or stored in overseas data centres. These servers or data centres are owned or operated by Broadbean’s related entities or outsourced third party data storage providers, including web based cloud storage services provided by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.).
Broadbean takes reasonable steps, including appropriate security measures, to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The purposes for which Broadbean collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
Broadbean collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the purpose of providing recruitment-related services and for other purposes that may include:
- providing services that are requested by Broadbean’s clients;
- contracting Broadbean’s functions or activities to external service providers and suppliers;
- assessing and considering applications from prospective employees, contractors and service providers of Broadbean;
- complying with any applicable legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise carrying out Broadbean’s functions and activities as a recruitment technology business.
If Broadbean does not collect your personal information, Broadbean will not be able to perform all or some of its functions and activities (as described above).
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
Broadbean discloses personal information to recipients that include Broadbean’s clients, Broadbean’s related entities, web based cloud storage service providers, including Amazon Web Services, Inc. (a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.), and other external service providers. These recipients of personal information may be located overseas (including the United Kingdom and the United States). Broadbean will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the APPs (other than APP 1) in relation to your personal information.
How you may access your personal information
You may request access to your personal information that Broadbean holds by contacting Broadbean using the details below.
Post: Broadbean Technology, Level 8, 9 Hunter Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: 02 9310 6000
Broadbean will respond to your request for access to your personal information within a reasonable period after your request is made. If access to your personal information is granted, Broadbean will give you access to your personal information in the manner requested by you, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. If Broadbean refuses to give you access to your personal information or refuses to give you access in the manner requested by you (as permitted by the APPs), Broadbean will give you a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that it would be unreasonable to do so) and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal. Broadbean may charge you a fee for giving you access to your personal information, however the charge will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of your request.
How you may seek the correction of your personal information
You may request the correction of your personal information that Broadbean holds by contacting Broadbean using the details above. Broadbean will respond to your request within a reasonable period after your request is made and will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information to ensure that the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If Broadbean refuses to correct your personal information as requested by you (as permitted by the APPs), Broadbean will give you a written notice that sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that it would be unreasonable to do so) and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal. Broadbean will not charge you for the making of a request to correct your personal information or for correcting your personal information.
How you may complain about a privacy breach and how Broadbean deals with such complaints
If you wish to complain about a breach of the APPs or a registered APP code that may bind Broadbean (if any), you may contact Broadbean using the details above.
Broadbean will respond to any complaints within a reasonable period of time. If you disagree with Broadbean’s response to your complaint you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (contact details are at www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page).